Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FEW COMMENTS ON GARY'S VIDEO

Nokta Detectors

Hello all! Just wanted to comment on a few things on Gary's video:

Regarding the coil bolts – the testing units we sent were from our pilot run and we saw the issue with the coil bolts (not all but some do have an issue) …so we are actually changing the material of them.
And because we do not want to delay the shipments because of the bolts, we are adding an extra FORS coil bolt in the packages -which we had no issues with so far- for the time being.

BT Headphones - We are waiting on a few more reports on the performance as we have controversial feedbacks. But as you all know, the BT headphones are optional and the primary focus here is the detector itself and its performance. This does not mean in any way, of course, that if there is any issue with the BT headphones, it will be overlooked. So far, whatever has been reported is due to the limitations of the current technologies. We are also working on proprietary design headphones for the future models.

We are letting all the testers and reviewers write their comments as they wish because as a company we are confident that we launched a very good detector at a very good price. As all manufacturers do, we may also make mistakes. We do test everything mechanically and electronically but sometimes there may be things that we do not come across. That is why we let people test and state their opinions openly so nothing is a secret and we also keep you updated with the results and our actions.

Thank you all!

To Makro

Dear Sir,

I was a tester of the "Nokta Velox One" for the UK 'Treasure Hunting' magazine.

Please send me a 'Racer' to test and I will do an honest and unbiased review.

Tesekkur ederim, sag olun.

Desi Dunne

take an AKA machine apart and see how they do the wireless TX built in to the control box and sofware menu control

love seeing the company's presence as this detector is being tested and released :clapping: hope it continues in to the future for me its a refreshing change, only other company is 1st Texas that I know of that has some presence on this forum and I hope that being upfront and open starts a new trend for how companies producing detectors function and listen to the users of their products !

if we all work together the sky's the limit, and I know a balance has to be struck as I for one understand companies can not give in to every whim of an idea, so as detectorists abusing what we have going on with this company would be a mistake for all concerned.

big tick from me !!

thank you !!

AJ

Des D said:
To Makro

Dear Sir,

Desi Dunne

Hello! Can you please send me a quick email at dilek@noktadetectors.com with the request?

I (and I'm sure MANY others) would love to see a test/report from Des on the Racer.----------Del
Nokta Detectors said:
Des D said:
To Makro

Dear Sir,

Desi Dunne

Hello! Can you please send me a quick email at dilek@noktadetectors.com with the request?

The video that Dilek linked in this post was removed, edited, and has now been re-posted to youtube. He removed the beginning of the video where the bolt broke and now does not include that in his video.

Thanks to the author of the video for being fair and removing that portion of the video. It doesn't seem fair in hindsight to include something as a negative when it has already been addressed by the manufacturer.

Mike

flbeachhunter said:
The video that Dilek linked in this post was removed, edited, and has now been re-posted to youtube. He removed the beginning of the video where the bolt broke and now does not include that in his video.

Thanks to the author of the video for being fair and removing that portion of the video. It doesn't seem fair in hindsight to include something as a negative when it has already been addressed by the manufacturer.

Mike

I thought the video was rather subjective. Coming from a dealer it didn't seem right to comment about something like that especially considering the great service Nokta/Makro has shown. I also thought he missed the mark when commenting on the pricing when it is running close in performance to the Fors CoRe which he gave a good review. He just seemed agitated to me and maybe not in the right frame of mind to do a review. Maybe he was still annoyed with the coil bolt problem. His swinging pattern was pretty wild too.

Hi Mike,

Many many years ago while prototyping the original ' Explorer XS', a coil bolt broke many months ever before the model was introduced.
That caused consternation within the group of designers and the plastic was examined and was found to have been too [ hard ] which actually made it brittle.
Another plastic was found and to date I've not heard of another bolt breaking!
It was just unfortunate that the bolt broke on the guy in the video and you're right, it shouldn't have been such a big deal.
I have tested many a detector and have come across some cheap nuts and bolts and plastics like everything else can and will break.
The tester's other [ complaint ] on the signal lag with the headphones provided is another matter.

Desi Dunne

Gary is a good fellow. He is very experienced and calls it like he sees it.We
can all have a tough day.:thumbup: So let's all take a "chill pill"Kindest regards.

Interesting as well as disappointing that the review was pulled.
I don't think he panned the Racer at all but was just reporting a factual account of his particular experience and made sufficient note that the Racer was a credible entrant to the mid price "400 quid" market--even showed that the machine carries a spare bolt and nut in an emergency. That and the headphones would sour my review when coupled with some of that European weather he was detecting in. I checked out the model Dilek said were going to be the wireless ones and was surprised Phillips had them listed as discontinued , so I guess Makro has some homework yet to do in that department as was mentioned earlier , and to their credit ,Gary gave them a great opportunity to once again demonstrate their ability and willingness to address these issues.

I to like that the company is involved on this forum. I wish other companies were as well. I have not owned a notka or makro but I just might in a year or so when I can better afford one. I like how you as a company check this froum and try and listen to the users. To me that says a lot about you all as a company. I think I really want a racer and I haven't wanted a new detector in years.

sprchng said:
I don't think he panned the Racer at all but was just reporting a factual account of his particular experience and made sufficient note that the Racer was a credible entrant to the mid price "400 quid" market--even showed that the machine carries a spare bolt and nut in an emergency. That and the headphones would sour my review when coupled with some of that European weather he was detecting in. I checked out the model Dilek said were going to be the wireless ones and was surprised Phillips had them listed as discontinued , so I guess Makro has some homework yet to do in that department as was mentioned earlier , and to their credit ,Gary gave them a great opportunity to once again demonstrate their ability and willingness to address these issues.

yes not sure why the video was taken down?? or edited ?? havnt seen V 2 but maybe sense the bolt issue has been fixed I can understand that being removed.

and well if I lived in England I would be depressed too :sadwalk: cold and no gold :poke:

AJ

sprchng said:

but its not 400 quid more like 600 quid in UK ,although prices are bouncing up and down every week