Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field Report...Vistas Gold & RG1000v2

morelic55

Well, got out yesterday to another iron patch and open pastures. Finds were 1/2 and 1/2 between the two machines. Hunted 1/2 the day with the 1000 and the other with the Gold. I have to say, in the soil I was in, both worked extremely well. Good asortment of relics, strange thou, no buttons. Most of the buttons that I have found there were roached anyways, most falling apart as soon as they hit the air. Most of the lead/ bullets were in the 8-9" range. Both machines work well in heavy iron trash, mostly recovering .22 bullets and buck balls at extreme depths, some at the 10" range. With both machines, most deep targets sounded like they were on top of the ground. The deepest object I found was the coffee pot at 24 inches. It gave a good bullet high tone when I found it. Even at nail reject these machines love horseshoes, washers and chunks of cast iron pots and stoves. I dug no nails with either machine, working in two tone mode, the nails were just low tones. The Buffalo Nickel was a suprise at 8" with a strong tone. The main difference I can see between the two machines is that the 1000 had a broader disc range. At 12:00 on the disc it will knock out small lead and brass and at nail reject at 9:00 it will give a blended tone on small lead and brass, sounds kinda like the AT Pro in Pro mode. The Gold disc can be cranked up with out loosing small brass and lead. This site has had lots of pre 20th century activity with a road running thru it and having early telegraph/phone lines thru it. The insulators have lead threads in them, that's how I found them, wish I would of found a whole one!!
Anyways, if you want a pure relic hunting machine, the Vista's are the way to go!!!!!

look at that coffee pot 24" thats awesome!!!!! GREAT STUFF FOR SURE! can't wait to try my SMART! keep up the great finds my friend!

thanks for the report, I am taking it all in ,

What Gunnar said....

At this point, if I get another machine, I haven't decided if it will be the Gold, or the Smart, but it'll be one of those two probably.

Nice job, Mark. Good bunch of finds. Soooo....if you had to choose between the two machines....the winner would be....? I reallly like the high tone on the Gold. Has the turn down the volume on iron been a helpful feature for you? Hopefully, less than two weeks to my Gold arrives.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Believe it or not both the RG1000v2 and the Gold are really close to each other in performance in my dirt, so far... I did use and like the iron volume and it works great in heavy trash. I think the next time out I'm gonna use the round 11" coil and compare the results...........Mark