Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got a hunt in with my Deus.....

Jack Flynn

Well I got in about four hours with the Deus this morning. At first I wondered, what the hell am I doing going back to these same places I destroyed with the Etrac? I purposely picked some very small areas that I had no joke, covered dozens of times and was still pulling coins with the ML until it dried up. I mean nothing to be found! Very small 10x20 or so areas that had a lot of coins in them. Wheat pennies and silver, with the occasional memorial penny. I found out that the Etrac had dismissed several bottle caps. Also lots of chopped up cans there. I dug quite a bit then started noticing some differences. Jumpy numbers on the canslaw. a bottle cap definitely jumpy. Coins and brass pieces, anything good and solid it locks onto hard and steady. I was using crazy fast, Deus fast. I went to my second spot. I don't care who you are in the detecting world this place is really steel and iron hell. An old turn of century hospital was there. More steel and iron filled pillars buried in the ground than you can imagine. It totally shut every machine that's been there down. It didn't this one. Literally you are walking every step on one inch twisted rebar. For me to find can slaw amongst this it's a feat. Found some and a penny. Also a tiny brass rivet. The potential is there once I learn this machine well. It looks like about 8 or so inches the machine gets very shakey on TID. Fully several inches past that it is still giving a good signal. Believe it, it's really there. I got home and did some for what it's worth air tests. It tests further than any machine I've ever had. And about 8 or so inches the TID wavers there too but still gives off a decent signal. Does this machine have potential, oh hell yes. Ergonomics are the best I've ever seen on anything. Very well thought out. Will it replace my GT on the beach? It doesn't have an affinity for tiny objects stud earrings from my air tests, but I'll let the beach decide that. Everything else it hits hard on. I'll see soon. The trick is gonna be from what I see so far to take the control box off and dig it all as we always do on the beach. I'll say light and accurate and a pleasure to run for now. These were just my observations from today. I'm not gonna sell any detectors because of it. Wouldn't anyway. Another thing, I flat love the headphones, what a change from tight fitting sweaty phones. Nice!

Jack, Nice report. Next time you go back to iron hell, slide her on over into pitch mode and give that a shot. Dont try to rely on the target ID too much just dig for the smaller sounding, repeating pitch ... you may like it better than tones for the heavy iron patches.

I'll have to take a picture of the ground at this place just for informational purposes LOL. I'll give the pitch mode a try. I really didn't care that much for it on the ETrac but this doesn't talk like an ETrac either. I've played in the yard with pitch mode and well still have to figure it out some more. The ultimate test for me is gonna be a very small beach where I've found a good bit of silver and 11 or so gold rings. More has to be there but the mineralization really stymies the FBS and BBS machines badly. If this machine does what I think it will I'll pay for it very very quick. Pitch mode will be used there.