Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally, my first war nickel!

REVIER

Hey, it's wrecked and beat up but I don't care, it's my first one ever and the dam is finally broken.

Attempting to change from a jewelry hunter into an old coin finder this year, this is a good start and one off my Bucket list.
Weird signal, I dug it because it was solid in the tone and stable numbers on the screen even though it was a few numbers higher than any regular nickel I have found so far...pretty much right in there with tabs all over this old park and I was avoiding all the not so stable ones all day.
I was hoping for gold, never had a thought in my head it could be a silver nickel.
Not the prettiest coin I ever dug but who cares...a first is a first.

Let the great older coin hunt of 2014 commence!

Congrats on your first WTG !!

Nice find REVIER! Iv'e yet to find even one since I've gotten back into:detecting:

It's a keeper! WTG and best wishes on many more! They sure come out of the ground looking a lot nicer than regular nickels!

Thanks all!
I always thought it was kinda weird I never came across one before.
Some have trouble finding nickels...I never have.
The pic is my clad total in my first 10 months in the biz, for the last few years I have averaged twice that, over $350 in clad and of course my nickel amount has grown also.
I have found them in the late 30's, early 40's, after the war years and all the way up to the most modern...but never a war nickel.
I have been told that these can be strange and come in anywhere from just above regular nickel numbers and way up.
I dig all solid signals, good areas and trash, and if I came across one out there in the past and it came in as a solid signal like this one did I would have found it...I think.
Maybe I did miss at least one or a few, or they are just rarer than I think.
Whatever, the dam is broken so let them flow for me in the future.