Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds at the shore and question about pics

A

Anonymous

Hit the shore on Sunday. Day started out nice, then got cold. Surf was rough. Found one nice cut that produced some clad and a hoop earring. Found a button also at another site on the beach. I would like to post a pic of the button, but the last time I posted a pic, I was told that the resolution was too high and it took too long to download. Please give me your input and I will post the pic.
Surfline

hey,had the same problem finally used microsoft photo that came with my computer to resize the pic so it would fit the page and not take all day to down loade I am still not very good at it but it does work ,hope this points you in the right direction,keep trying can't wait to see your pics.

Hey Brian,
I use two free image programs to make processing photos to be posted easy.
Editor:
http://www.irfanview.com/
Photo Resizer Lite
http://www.ShowYourPhotos.com
I far as I can remember, the image to be posted can be no larger than 1.24MB. You can only post 1(one) image. For quick down and dirty one photo, no editing, it's hard to beat Photo Resizer Lite, lovely little program.
To post multiple, use the panorama-vertical feature in Irfanview. It combines them into one photo.
Here's what I do in Irfanview:
1. Open photo.
2. Crop photo.
3. Resize photo to 640x480. Do the same to the other photos you wish to combine and save them with names you can remember to get the order in panorama right. You can re-arrange them in the panorama maker.
4. Combine in panaorama vertical.
5. If I am NOT going to add text, I save as a JPEG with say a 90% quality under a new name for the photo. Leave Irfanview open and goto folder you saved in, look at size of photo, if too big, resave to say 70% quality.
6. If I AM going to add text, I go thru step #5 then open that file I have saved as the proper size again in Irfanview. i.e. The photo from the camera initially was named Ring.jpg, I edited in Irfanview and saved as Ring1.jpg 90% quality, it was larger than 1.2MB, so I resaved at 70% as Ring2.jpg. I close Irfanview, reopen it, open Ring2.jpg, add the text into the photo, now I save as a GIF, NOT JPEG.
If you save as a JPEG it will distort the text, the GIF when posted will be grainier, but hey, nothing in life is free.
Look down the posts list for the last month, to see what a mess I have made of some of my photos.
BarnacleBill