Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Firmin & Langdale Livery Button

Still pulling buttons out of my favorite site 7 years later!

Here is my latest outing. No coins this time, but I know there are more waiting!

The Firmin & Langdale BM dates this one from 1812-1823.

Holy Smokes! You've been working that dirt for 7yrs and still finding? Yep, that would be a favorite spot alright! Nice work, Neil! :clapping:
Mud

You must be getting close to bedrock! Congrats, that's a nice early keeper!

i found a button like the 2 larger ones in your hand yesterday.Over the years I've found a few others what did go on?They seem to heavy for clothes

scotthowes said:
i found a button like the 2 larger ones in your hand yesterday.Over the years I've found a few others what did go on?They seem to heavy for clothes

These would have been worn on heavy wool coats or cloaks. The livery button was most likely worn by a servant of a noble British family visiting the young USA.

You must have quite the collection of buttons if you have been pulling them out for 7 years. Keep up the fantastic work! - Jim