Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Barber Dime

Venner

It was such a beautiful morning (finally!), that I had to get out for a little while, despite the mountain of work I have piled up to do this weekend. I headed to a nearby property a friend of the family gave me permission to hunt last year, the site of a grist mill from the late 1700s. The old mill pond was a favorite local fishing hole for the better part of 200 years, until the dam failed about 40 years ago. As expected, I collected over a pound of old pull tabs, several huge sinkers (for a small inland pond), and a couple of 1960s pennies .Then finally, right as I was wrapping up, this guy:

I found my first seated dime on the adjacent property a couple of weeks ago during a brief warm-up, and now this is my first barber dime. It appears I'm going to be stuck burning the midnight oil tonight working, because I'm definitely headed back out to look for more after lunch! There were a couple of suspiciously flat and uniform areas just beyond the remains of the old spillway that are calling me. :heh:

Oh, definitely worth going back this afternoon. In a slightly sunken area that may have been a building, about 40 feet from where I found the dime:

I wish could find some old stuff. I have been concentrating on Jewelry cause the coins are few and far between nowadays.

Venner--

You have some GOOD ground to hunt! Congratulations on your Barber dime and quarter. I hope that you get the Barber half next! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Yeah dude! Spend as much time as you can in there where folks used to swim in that old pond or picnic/fish from off the bank....down below the dam, there may be too much washed out silt to find much..still it would take a quick hunt through to tell you....the upstream side of the dam should hold some more amazing old coins...possibly a gold one, its of the right era! Congratulations and awesome finds!:clapping:
Mud