Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First beach trip.........

First beach trip for testing with a friend. We hunt a couple of hours comparing signals. Other detector was a sovereign. I could hear all target he could and he with those of the X-Terra. The Id was a little off because I was unable to get a real good Ground Balance. I set it where I felt it ran best. Sen at 13. All Metal and Pattern 1
Here is a picture of the mineralization, black sand. Hunted wet only.
[attachment 10369 DSCF0031.JPG]

[attachment 10370 DSCF0032.JPG]

Here is the X-Terra 50 first piece of gold. It says Brandi and is 10 K. I have all so include picture of reading.
[attachment 10371 DSCF0034.JPG]

Joe,
I've been reading all the info on the X-Terra and may purchase one. How does it handle the wet sand? I live in So Cal and have miles of beach to detect. Would you say it did as well as the Sovereign in that environment? I've was concerned that a single frequency machine might not be as effective in the wet sand and salt water. What are your thoughts on the X-Terra's performance as a beach detector?

Thanks for the info

mick

How does it handle the wet sand?
I had the normal salt and mineralization noise in All Metal Reading -3. But a learned real fast to listen only for the correct 3 tones. So, on my beach's it operates as expected. Noisy like all other single freq. detectors. It would be fine in the dry sand. And in will hunt the wet. but again it will be Noisy. I have had other detectors that were of higher price point on this beach and could not pick up any targets that were Id'ed by anther detector.

Would you say it did as well as the Sovereign in that environment?
No, The sovereign was used in my test. Operator of the sovereign is very knowledgeable about detectors and the beach. A few of the targets were surprising deep. But a sovereign it is not.

What are your thoughts on the X-Terra's performance as a beach detector?
I feel that it would be good as a light dry sand swinger, and OK for the once in a while wet sand hunt.

Joe,
Thanks for the honest feedback. I would be using it mostly in the wet sand since that can be the most productive. I already have a GP3000 for gold so I will look into the Soveriegn. thanks again

mick