Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Beach trip.

JBM1

Here in the UK Storm Ciara is in its death throws and Iam going to try the Local beach.

Iam not a beach detectorist by nature, but it will be interesting to see how the Simplex gets along in the wet sand.

Any tips from others experiences with this particular detector appreciated.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Well I got out today before the coming weekend storm, but the wind was strong and it was rather chilly.

Finds were sparse, but the Simplex behaved it self well weather in the shallows and over wet sand or further up the beach on the dry sand.

I used the standard preset beach setting and played about with the sensisitivity.

It was far better on the beach than I expected for a single frequency detector.

All in all a nice easy to use and friendly machine on the beach without spending a lot of money.

I would like a smaller coil when they become available.

Happy hunting,

Jerry.

I've had my Simplex since November but haven't done any beach hunting yet. Did you have to turn down the sensitivy a lot to get it stable?

I experimented and found a single segment reduction worked fine, when in the shallow water and mineralised sand.
When I moved back up the beach I went back to the factory sensitivity setting.
I will purchase a smaller coil when Nokta sort themselves out, as many users are asking for one to be made availble.
Jerry.

Here in the UK Storm Ciara is in its death throws and Iam going to try the Local beach.

Iam not a beach detectorist by nature, but it will be interesting to see how the Simplex gets along in the wet sand.

Any tips from others experiences with this particular detector appreciated.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.
Research, you will find TIDE TABLES for your hunting area. I suggest you choose a time at low tide when you can trace the debits in the surf where the goodies usually end up. My first beach hunt was not very productive because they clean and plow the beaches but usually leave the shallows alone. I know this is simple advice but my first visit to the coast was a shock. The beaches were pretty but all the treasure had been plowed, ha, ha. Always look for debits in the shore line, that is, areas where the surf reaches further on the beach than others. These areas have a tendency to wash items and trap them in that area similar to a bowl. Stuff will get trapped in those debits as it is moved down the shore with the wave action. Working these areas after the tide is out will increase your finds. No expert here, I've spent hours of time talking to guys in detector stores. When I have the time, this is how I do it. Recently I wanted to search a beach near the Panama City, Fort Walton area so I found the main MD store in that area and went in like I was interested in a new detector. These guys are more fanatic than I am. He brought out books full of pictures of finds in the area. Very helpful, this was the guy that suggested I search in the debits and low tide.