Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Civil War Infantry Cuff Button

msareborn

This may not be a big deal for those of you out east, but a Civil War Infantry Cuff Button, from North Idaho is hard to come by. Plus it still had some guilting on it. Hard to read the back, but I think it says Schuiler H & C N York. Find lots of buttons from the 1800's but not with a letter on the shield in the middle. I also found a 1897 V nickel, 1918 Buffalo nickel, 1942 war nickel, 2 1918 wheaties in the same hole, and a military buckle. The nickels are always rough out of the ground, except for the war nickels always clean up nice. Happy hunting!

Yeah, ill take that ANYDAY here in New York! Congrats

Whats that button doing up in Northern Idaho? If only it could talk...Oh the stories it could tell I bet..:clapping:
Mud

Ft. Sherman is right in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It used to be right where the North Idaho College and the City Park stands. The troops were stationed here to keep peace between the indians and white settlers in the 1800's. Possibility that the uniforms from the civil war were used for the troops here. That's my best guess!