Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First day out with my neighbor and he scores...me too!

JamesBondaka

My neighbor has been interested in going out and seeing if he likes metal detecting.....so yesterday was the day. I loaned him one of my detectors and we went to a place that has been hunted before and Ive pulled a few things out.

I gave him a quick orientation on how to detect and off we went. Geez...this guy never picked up a detector in his life and after 10 mins.....he gets signal.....out pops a nice ring! I couldnt believe it! Good for him. We hunted for a few more hours. He pulled up a few pennies and I got a token, silver dime, a clad half(first one),50 centavo AND a huge silver ring....I think the biggest I have.

Needless to say....we had fun.....and now he is "hooked"! He cant wait to go out again to see what we(he) can find.

The ring with the design is awesome, kind of looks like my wedding band

got a pic of it?

runninnavaho said:
The ring with the design is awesome, kind of looks like my wedding band

Yes,

It took me about 6 months to find a ring.....maybe he had a good teacher? lol

thanks again Beth

bethisa2j said:
Gotta love beginner's luck!!! Great finds and congrats!!!

nice finds , where did you hunt? park? beach?

deliveryboy said:
nice finds , where did you hunt? park? beach?

thanks

Its a private park....they have events and such there.

n/t

I bet he is hooked, but if he hunted at my spots he would have given up the hobby

Thats too funny !! i found a ring exactly like the one on the left in a colorado park a few years back, i was huge and only would fit snug on my thumb.

It's always the best when you introduce someone to the hobby and they fall in love like the rest of us! You, too, get to re-live that first good find feeling.

Very good finds, Congrats!:clapping:
There should be a law - or someone should dictate- "beginner's luck" ... and by that I do not apply to me until a year later:shrug:
:rofl:
best regards