Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First day out with my new Quattro :)

A

Anonymous

Wanting to have a T-ID Machine to accompany my Musky, I opted for the Quattro. Not a bad idea at all. The machine visually is a work of art, no lie. I love the looks of this machine, but as we all know, looks can be decieving, but hopefully not in this case.

Although my hunt was shortened by some rain and hunger(gotta start remembering to bring a snack), I still had a good time learning my new machine. I dug up a lot of junk, BUT, knowing it was junk. I only did this to learn what my machine was telling me. I am getting the hang of things already by listening to the tones, and then looking at the LCD screen. Before I would dig, I would tell myself what it probably was, and after a few trys I was getting them right. Few pulltabs, and a lot of screw caps. The pulltabs would have a somewhat of a low tone, and ID 20 just about always. The screw caps would sound pretty high in tone, and ID either a 30 or a 32 ALWAYS. Even with this in mind, I am always going to dig those 30/32 signals because you just never know. A few screw caps is always worth a nice Indian! I was fooled one time by a rusty old bent nail. Mentioned in Andy's book, a rusty nail will sometimes sound and ID good, and this one did, ah well.

I would post a picture of my finds, but it isn't worth it. Just a few clad coins, and the rest junk, but like I said, I am still learning and having fun doing it. I can't wait to start finding some really nice keepers, and I will be sure to post pics when I do :) HH all