Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First detecter, should I buy new or used?

RedhookTN

Ok, first post. I'm am a newbie and have been reading a lot about different detectors. I was kind of set on an Ace 250/350 then started looking at used mid range detectors. Just when I think I have decided on a used Whites XLT the DFX starts looking good. Then an X-Terra 705, then an AT PRO.....etc. etc. I live in Civil War country so fields, woods and maybe even shallow water would all be on my list. I don't want to start at the bottom and not be happy with my purchase. I would like to keep it under $600 or so. Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated. Please help me make up my mind! :yo:

I would suggest a White's M6 as a first machine. Its a top end machine with simplicity wrapped up in one. I find myself actually using it more and more then my MXT Pro. Its just a great machine to use. Has a great coil selection, OEM Coils and aftermarket. Has very fast ground tracking and the ability to lock your ground balance. Its a machine that you will use for a long time to come and won't out grow it so to speak. It really is just the MXT without the extra modes ( relic and prospecting ) anyhow, just a suggestion. Good luck with whatever you may get.

Mr. beaverhead Would you happened to be from Montana? and be from Dillon? I am from Dillon Name Lyn Ballard ldballard5@q.com

I agree with the M6. It's simple and powerful.

I don't really know a lot about what makes a good detector, but I found this website helpful when I was looking at what detector to buy. I ended up buying the AT Pro and I love it! I already found some old coins that I am in the process of identifying.