Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Deus Ring

and its 10k with small chips in it. Can't remember the exact ID but it came up in the mid 30's. I recovered it from about 6 inches down in a park. It looks like it was hit by a lawnmower way back when as it has nicks in it and is bent. It's a ring regardless and the Deus hit on it really hard. I'm having a great time with this detector. HH -Marc

Very nice find. Too bad those low id numbers are often trash aluminium or similar..:puke:

Congrats Marc. What program and KHz were running at the time?

I run a modified program in 12Khz. I don't generally dig ID's that low but I this one sounded "clean." Most can slaw/aluminum gives a "harsh" tones that tells me that they are trash. The ring gave a "clean" tone which made me investigate. As I have stated many times, it's not about the numbers with this machine, its about the "texture" of the tones which gives the most information. For those that haven't used the Deus, the idea of tone texture is probably a strange concept but what XP did with this idea is phenomenal. HH -Marc

Nice!
You must be digging a lot of junk too to be digging in foil range...
Congrats!

MHirschmann said:
I run a modified program in 12Khz. I don't generally dig ID's that low but I this one sounded "clean." Most can slaw/aluminum gives a "harsh" tones that tells me that they are trash. The ring gave a "clean" tone which made me investigate. As I have stated many times, it's not about the numbers with this machine, its about the "texture" of the tones which gives the most information. For those that haven't used the Deus, the idea of tone texture is probably a strange concept but what XP did with this idea is phenomenal. HH -Marc

:thumbup:

Aaron not really it's like Marc said it's the "clean" sound the junk has a buzzy sound to it and a good target really sounds good and clean and crisp so you won't be digging too much once you understand this so you won't be digging as many bad targets just listen for the clean sound the heck with the numbers.