Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Find With New G2

ron_c

I received the G2 3 days ago and have been trying it out and testing it at my house before using it on a real hunt. I thought I would see what, if anything, was still in the yard as I have gone over the yard 6 times with 3 different detectors. I was finding very small pieces of aluminum here and there along with a few galvanized (zinc coated) roofing nails and I was digging anything above 40 just to see what they were. I had one spot that gave a low grunt (sounds like my grandmother passing gas) and over maybe 1 to 1 1/2" a high tone that would hit on 48 and I couldn't move the coil more than about 3/4" or so or I would lose the signal one way or the low grunt the other direction. First thing I found was the rusty flat metal. I thought well it is roundish and probably fooled the G2. Stuck the Pro Pointer back in the hole and I got another signal, dug over a little and out pops a ring. Cleaning it and it's a small 10k ring with the stone missing. Not bad for a first find with the G2. The dime is just for a size comparison.

Good job ......the more you dig with your machine the more you learn about it . Good job !

You are off to a great start with the G2 Ron---thanks for sharing that story.------It's just amazing how that detector can work thru the iron, expecially with the 5" coil "on board".------I have found numerous eagle buttons over about a 2 month period of time in one of my nastiest "iron pit" sites imaginable.----I had worked that site/area with many detectors (and coils)---including the F-75 & T-2.-----When I took the G2 in there, it just seemed to "open it up" with MANY more great finds.-----I mainly used the 5" coil and I really had to pay attention to what I was doing---but boy, could it pull good targets out of there.----------Del

I love mine and I found .925 Sliver on my first hunt in the back yard. Nice :cheers::super::teknetics:#1

Yep, the G2 is a ring getter.

I'm so happy that I decided to get the Gold Bug Pro instead of the Omega.:)