Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold of the year.

Hunt4Fun

Went to a local park today to do some more practicing with the XL Pro. Was there for 3 hours and found about 80 coins, mostly pennys.

Dark was approaching and I was about to head for the car when I got a solid signal. I looked at the meter and it was locked at 14 no matter which direction I swung. It sized small and read 2 inches deep, but somehow it sounded different than other foil readings. When it popped out of the ground I really was not sure what I had. It was caked over with dirt. After quite a bit of rubbing I suddenly realized that (small as they are) I had a diamond ring. Yes it is marked 14k.

Most of the gold jewelry I find reads at or below the US 5

Congrats on the ring! It's a nice one! I am sure the wife will be wanting that one! :clapping:
I have noticed that when I am using any of my White's detectors and my VDI in down in the foil range and the signal is clean and crisp. It's usually something good! :detecting:

After finding the ring I began to wonder if I was only imagining that the signal sounded better than ordinary foil. Special thanks to both of you, Monte and Craig, for letting me know that my imagination was not running wild. Liking this XL Pro more and more. Shame it is discontinued.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Hunt4Fun