Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt of the Year - Got a Ring

Sven

Couldn't take it anymore, had to get out there. Braved the 2 degree temperature. Thought a couple fingers were going to fall off a few times...you know how it goes, find some targets, keep on going. Finally quit when my two fingers started to hurt. Ahh but just a few more holes on the way out.

Had the PI out to get retrained on the target responses. Think I have the pennies nailed down to the sound. Dug a bunch to confirm.
Played around with the Pulse Delay control and found I can tune out those foil juice cap lids, yahoo...and still find coins. A bunch of the bigger foil as well as smaller can slaw will also tune out. Have to do some air tests to see how much depth loss there might be on the smaller gold rings at that setting.

It was a good start, probably feel some goodness in the legs and knees in the morning. Man, am I out of shape.

Happy with a couple hours of finds, found my usual two batteries. Best of all found my first ring for 2014, Sterling Silver, 925.
Only I eyeballed it, the PI didn't get this one.

I got out for a little dirt detecting on Monday and boy did I ever pay the price on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was so sore that I could hardly move. Thursday was a bit better and by Friday I was at the beach for the afternoon. Didnt find anything notable but did enjoy the outings. Glad you were able to get out and do some digging.

excellent digging Sven,