Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with the 11" today. Silver?

biggziff

I changed everything up today. 11" coil, new programs (Andy's trashy and Hi Performance programs bouncing back and forth) and a new site I hadn't hunted yet. This site is a very large park with a campground, playgrounds, boat launches (river), pavilions and a large performance stage for bands, etc. I can see evidence that someone has been detecting here recently. I hunted near the stage where people generally sit to watch the musicians, etc. 10 steps from the car I got a clear signal that indicated a pull tab, but I dug it anyway as it didn't sound right. I pulled out a pull tab and just as I was going to fill the hole I ran the pinpointer through the sides and bottom of the hole and it buzzed again. 30 seconds later I pulled this ring out of the hole!

Not bad and I think it's silver and turquoise. Also got a bunch of clad as well as about 50 beer bottle tops! Never dug so many in my life. Rang up around 86-88 @ 12Khz and I finally realized they had a faint iron buzz to them. I dug a few more just to confirm and then stopped digging anything in that range.

I like how quiet Andy's trashy program is, but I'd switch back and forth to one of about 4 programs as I walked with the new coil. Seems like a winner although I don't see a lot of difference yet. I'll go back to some of the sites I've hunted with the 9" and see if anything jumps out of the ground.

Nice hit . . . . and glad teh programs are helping you out . . . always good to get feedback to see if adjustments are warranted.

Let us know what you come up with at the sites you have been to before with the 9"

Andy Sabisch

Awesome find! I mainly hunt with Andy's HP and HT programs as well and they are amazing programs. This machine is awesome. Make like so easy when out detecting. Thanks a ton Andy for your amazing expertise and thanks Biggziff for the picture of the find.