Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First impressions on the Fors Core

wayne_etc

Got my CoRe Friday and of course was anxious to take it out. My first available time was Sunday, and it was raining all day. After a while I couldn't take it anymore. I waited until the showers pretty much stopped, put the enviro covers on, and wrapped a grocery bag around the control box and grip. Off to a POUNDED early 1800s home site that is loaded with iron. Nails and plow parts, you name it. The site has given up lots of good stuff, but lately it isn't common to leave there with nothing nonferrous.

I started out in Di2 with the idea of digging anything that wasn't an iron grunt. Didn't take too long to decide I didn't like that mode in these conditions. Switched to Di3, everything else default. Again, I just listened for anything to squeak in nonferrous. Shortly after got a pretty decent signal and pulled a wheatie. This is a big deal in this site as a coin hasn't been found since spring. Not long after, the rain had picked up too much and I called it a day.

Because I had the bags over the control box I wasn't able to use the arm strap, and I noticed it too. The machine was tail-heavy and I found myself having to push down to keep the coil down and level. I felt it later too with a little soreness on my shoulder.

Today, I was able to get off work a little early and I went back for a little while. The arm strap made a huge difference. Again, used Di3 and just listened to anything nonferrous to sneak in. Eventually got a decent signal that gave a high tone in about 50% sweeps. Dug a plug and found about 6" section of rusted chain. Oh well, a little iron falsing. Rescanned the hole and got a nice solid high tone. This was in the hole.

[attachment 308733 FullSizeRender.jpg]

This is the second spur that I've pulled from here, the last one well over a year ago. Looks like the buckle part was already broken off. Also managed a tack buckle and a headstamp today.

I'm amazed at how well it pulled nonferrous targets from old iron. And this was with the 11" coil. The smaller coil woul probable be deadly. That'll have to be next on my wish list.

HH

w

It's just the beginning............ Your for sure WOW moment won't be too far away. DI3 is an unreal mode. That's all I use on my CoRe.

Sounds good. And yes with the 7x11" coil attached the Core aint no slouch in the separation department. And yes the small coil is even better.