Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First "Kruze" with the Multi Kruzer

DaveNV

Went to a completely trashed-out park, that has been hit by every person who owns a detector for 50 milles around. (OK, so that might be stretching it, a bit.) I've hunted it quite regularly, and have found a few good targets, but those have dropped off, recently. I felt this would be a good place to test the Kruzer Kapabilties. Of course, since the detector is new to me, and I'm far from even being competent with it, I look forward to getting much better results. Anyway, started out with basic settings of 3 tone, 14 kHz, "normalized" ID scale, and default gain. GB came in at around 77, which is pretty benign around here. This park was established in the 1950s and apparently they hauled in tons of sand to lay over the desert floor, so they could get grass and trees to grow. GB for most places around here will be in the mid- to high-80s. Anyway, the first good target I found was a Jeff nickel. I found pinpointing and depth reading to be quite accurate. Like most parks, this one is full of beer bottle caps and pull tabs of every description. Last night, I made a copy of the Target IDs page out of the manual, cut out the US coin part and laminated it, so I could carry it with me, to enable me to know what the various coin IDs were. The IDs I received were not all that "clear" and unambiguous; but, if I got an ID that "averaged" where the chart said a coin should be, I dug it. And, it worked out quite well. My keeper totals for about 1 1/2 hours were:
-2 clad quarters
-6 Jeff nickels
-6 Zinkers
-1 copper memorial cent
and
-2 Wheaties.

The Wheaties were both around 6". The first one I dug IDed in the dime range and was a good, strong signal. The second one was just a whisper, with no ID. I was quite surprise when it popped out of the ground
And, of course, I dug a lot of junk, that IDed as junk. Just to make sure.

I'm going to study the manual again, tonight, and go back tomorrow.

I love the wireless headphones. No cords to get hung up on. I find the buttons a bit stiff to push and in the really junky environment, the detector hardly ever went silent. A smaller coil would probably be in order.

Go for the 5x9.5 and or 7" concentric coil. Better for trashy park hunts-----Like Monte, I prefer the 7" concentric for most of my hunting.

Always dig first by audio reports, try 4 tone. Listen for a high tone chirp amongst the lower junk tones, just like the Impact they probably will not show an ID number as they will be deeper and out of ID range. Dig them.

You will need at least 6 hours or more hunting in one mode before you start understanding what the Kruz or Impact is telling you. The Impact is like 36 detectors in one. The Kruze is like 18 detectors in one.

Sven. . . that is great advice about the modes. Can't wait to get some more time on my Kruzer to learn those little intricacies.

Speaking of coils, did you get any accessory coils to test?

-CS

coin-star said:
Sven. . . that is great advice about the modes. Can't wait to get some more time on my Kruzer to learn those little intricacies.

Speaking of coils, did you get any accessory coils to test?

-CS

All 4 Impact coils I have will work on the Kruzer. Since I had a production Impact with the longer coil 32" coil cable, they were usable on my Kruzer. Coil cable wraps around about 3 times on the rods.
Cables maybe too short if you extend the lower rod out further than 3 holes from the top. I would wait until the longer cabled Kruz coils come up for sale. In a pinch, get an Impact coil.

I did not get any other coils to test for the Kruz then the stock 9x11 coil that came with it. I am using my Impact coils.

How do Impact coils work on the Kruzer if the Kruzer has a different waterproof coil connection to the housing, or am i wrong here?

Impact and Kruzer use the same connectors.