Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First park hunt with the Makro racer using the small coil

Finder82

I just had to use the Makro racer with the small coil in a park, that i have pounded with the Xp deus using 9"/11" coils. Still found plenty of targets and dug zero beer bottlecaps, as they where easy to identify with this machine. Settings where: id filter 35, 3 tones and sens 60.

http://postimage.org/

http://postimage.org/
Got few coins and a nice 925. stamped silver pearl.

All the good targets where co-located with a near bad target. Id numbers locked hard and sound too. Used my Detectorpro nugget busters with the detector. The machine felt like a X-terra 70, that i just loved by the way with Xp deus like intelligent audio system. The small coil is awesome with this fine detector.:thumbup:

Now you really got me wanting one. I have a x-terra 70 and like it a lot. But minelabs are expensive to own and maintain. I think I would really like the racer for relic hunting.

7centsworth said:
Now you really got me wanting one. I have a x-terra 70 and like it a lot. But minelabs are expensive to own and maintain. I think I would really like the racer for relic hunting.

I even got one signal from about 15cm deep and the id number where solid 94, also the target appeared to be small. I got very angry after i realised, that the ground was frozen solid and i could not dig the ground no matter what digger i used..oh well, that could have been a coin from 17-18th century with that kind of id numbers.:ranting::rant:

I would mark that target and come back and own it

Low-Boy/LCPM said:

You bet i remember that target and go back for it in a few weeks.:detecting:

Nice hunt were any of the coins very deep? Cant wait for mine, we are thawed out here in ohio. Hope i dont have to wait for the next shipment i was told that wouldent be till may. Good luck with future hunts.

cz6aBill said:
Nice hunt were any of the coins very deep? Cant wait for mine, we are thawed out here in ohio. Hope i dont have to wait for the next shipment i was told that wouldent be till may. Good luck with future hunts.

Modern coins are not deep, but those parks are usually very trashy so the separation/id capabilities of the detectors is very important. However there are few of those usually very big old coppers coins deeper down and most of todays high-end detectors will find them if there are no iron targets nearby, but usually if you find a very old coins, there is also plenty of iron nearby.

Looks like a good start, and the Racer appears to separate just as well as the CoRe does.

greaser said:
Looks like a good start, and the Racer appears to separate just as well as the CoRe does.

Well i got a few Wow feelings, when this thing could separate and id two different non-ferrous targets very close by from another and got two different tones too from them. It has been a while since i have been this excited about swinging a new detector.:yo:

and that is their own small 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD search coil. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All of the other search coils work well and have their place, but being a string supporter of smaller-than-stock coils, I was more that impressed with the actual performance I get with either of these models and this very impressive small search coil. It is absolutely the #1 'must-have' accessory for these detectors!

Congrats on your finds, and "Thank You" for mentioning your settings used. I also use a reduced Gain quite often in trashier conditions. I'm heading out late today for two days of shot town hunting and I'll report in on the settings I use as well. Guaranteed they will not be '99' in those trashy places, and while I'll use some other coils, that little guy is going to be doing most of the finding for me, I'm sure.

Monte

Finder82 said:
Low-Boy/LCPM said:

You bet i remember that target and go back for it in a few weeks.:detecting:

Today i hacked the target out of the frozen solid ground and it was a Swedish 1 ör 1769.