Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Rosie of the year

Old coin hunter

Went to a lot i've already detected and it was really muddy so i decided to detect the graveled area from the back of the curb to the property line. Found fourteen coins including this Rosie. It's not in good shape, but silver is silver. It was between 7 and 8 inches down and the vdi was jumping all over but it sounded like silver and you never know until you dig it, and luckily it was silver this time. Simplex with SP- 24 coil, Park 1 to start and could barely hear it at full sense, moved it to Field at full sense and could hear it better. HH jim

Attachments

• IMG_20210202_112724927.jpg
    IMG_20210202_112724927.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20210202_112702382.jpg
    IMG_20210202_112702382.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20210201_151248128.jpg
    IMG_20210201_151248128.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20210201_151230643.jpg
    IMG_20210201_151230643.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 141
Congrats on your finds especially the Rosie !! I recently purchased the Simplex+ and it is now my primary detector. Thanks for posting the info on the SP24 coil. I was concerned about the depth reduction from the stock coil. I should be receiving my SP 24 and carbon fiber lower rod tomorrow or Thursday.

Congrats on your finds especially the Rosie !! I recently purchased the Simplex+ and it is now my primary detector. Thanks for posting the info on the SP24 coil. I was concerned about the depth reduction from the stock coil. I should be receiving my SP 24 and carbon fiber lower rod tomorrow or Thursday.
A month ago I was detecting when a guy with a nox 800 detected with me for a while and was saying what a coin killer it was. He stopped by a second time and when I found a quarter that was deep and had trash next to it he was impressed. He had only found clad and I didn't tell him I had found a Rosie, Merc and a silver ring In the area he had been detecting. Maybe he just didn't really cover it as good as he should have. Also found a Silver plated tablespoon at 8 + inches. Really like my Simplex. HH Jim.

The simplex reminds me of the Tesoro compadre. There’s minimal button pushing(knob turning) and it just packs surprising performance. A hundred hours on mine right now and I have full confidence in it. I’m actually enjoying certain sites more with the simplex than some of my other machines. It rains a lot here and it’s a pain free situation with the simplex.

Man, the next Makro machine is gonna be great if it can really expand and flesh out what is happening inside the simplex. Please have more coils for that one!!

The simplex reminds me of the Tesoro compadre. There’s minimal button pushing(knob turning) and it just packs surprising performance. A hundred hours on mine right now and I have full confidence in it. I’m actually enjoying certain sites more with the simplex than some of my other machines. It rains a lot here and it’s a pain free situation with the simplex.

Man, the next Makro machine is gonna be great if it can really expand and flesh out what is happening inside the simplex. Please have more coils for that one!!
The Simplex is my first detector so I can’t compare it to any other one. I got it the middle of last September and have found just over 2000 coins with right at 1 percent being silver plus rings,tokens,toy cars, a silver bracelet and numerous other items. All I know is it works really well for me. HH Jim.