Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver of the year

Old coin hunter

I've been wanting to do some detecting on a lot i knew about for over a month. I went there this afternoon and found this Merc, War Nickle and Dog Tax tag along with 45 other coins. I'll go back and keep hammering away. I think i am starting to get my Simplex+ dialed in. HH Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_193401140_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210115_193401140_HDR.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20210115_193425144_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210115_193425144_HDR.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20210115_193444496_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210115_193444496_HDR.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 117
Standard or accessory coil? Which program (mode) and what settings?

Congratulations. The Simplex +is one impressive detector.

Monte

SP -24 coil, Park 2, sensitivity 1 below max and ground balance by pumping coil. HH Jim
'Thank You' Jim. Park 2 is one I very seldom use. Mostly I'm in Park 1, then Beach, then Field, if coins are a little deeper for the Beach mode to respond to. Sensitivity is always at Maximum unless EMI causes me to reduce it a bit. I have all of the Disc. segments open except the first one in Beach mode to help with most Iron rejection from ± Iron Nails and below.

Monte

'Thank You' Jim. Park 2 is one I very seldom use. Mostly I'm in Park 1, then Beach, then Field, if coins are a little deeper for the Beach mode to respond to. Sensitivity is always at Maximum unless EMI causes me to reduce it a bit. I have all of the Disc. segments open except the first one in Beach mode to help with most Iron rejection from ± Iron Nails and below.

Monte
To clarify I typically start in park 1 and If there is a lot of trash I go to park 2 and if I barely hear the signal I got to max sensitivity. I read where people are using beach mode so I’m going to try it. I will find an item In park 1 or 2 then go over it with beach and check it out and go from there. The vast majority of my finds aren’t over 5-6 inches deep and I use the standard coil if it’s not to trashy and it works really well. I’m still debating getting the ultimate coil as I’m not yet convinced it’s that much better than the standard coil. HH, Monte. Jim

I've been wanting to do some detecting on a lot i knew about for over a month. I went there this afternoon and found this Merc, War Nickle and Dog Tax tag along with 45 other coins. I'll go back and keep hammering away. I think i am starting to get my Simplex+ dialed in. HH Jim
Thanks