Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FIRST SILVER

moondog2000

I'm going to camp at South Carlsbad state beach for a week so I was getting my scorp ready, new batterys and a wipe down. I took it out in my front yard which I have detected the heck out of just to see if I could find anything. I got a hit in the strip of dirt between the lawn and the hedge and at a solid 10" I dug up my first silver. yup , going to put this little beauty in a display case. Seeing that I will be keeping it forever I wonder if I should polish it ? I can hardly wait to get to the beach to start detecting, hope I find my first diamond ring. I'm planing on detecting at night when the tide goes out and exposes all that wet sand. I hope I can find a mode that will work, maybe TR disc. If not I have the dry sand during the day.hope I find some good loot to post pictures of.

Well, don't I feel real stupid right now, like a first class idiot. thank you for pointing this out to me.I wonder if there is a way to pull this post so I don't have to keep looking at how stupid I am. I don't do much with coins so I didn't know 1964 is the last year for silver. The brown patina on the coin hid the side so I did not see the copper. I need to stick to prospecting but then again maybe all my gold is fools gold. now to find a rock to crawl under.

Dont worry bro !! we ALL had to learn this fact !! when you DO find your first silver carefull how you clean it...you could de-value it ! ...Elvis

The patina on the coin sure looked silver , I mostly prospect and relic hunt with the scorp so its going to be a long time before I coin hunt again. After our yearly caravel the people with detectors looked like ants all over the field. I did not know there were so many detectorists living in my small town.

When you do fiand a silver coin, and you will, it will be silver, pretty much like the day it was lost, and not brown. That brown color is the nickle clad coat oxidizing.

Hello

It has happened to all of us

You will find your first Silver and almost always it comes out clean and shiny

My eyes need reading glasses now so I prefer finding Mercs to Rosey's and that makes it easy

When I found my special Silver coins (Seated, Barber and War Nickels) I did not know what they were

You will learn it as you go and be kind to yourself and Best Luck with your future hunts