Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Spin with the E-trac

scubadetector

As some know my land detector gave up the ghost and I was casually looking for a new one. I went to Craigslist one day last month and typed in metal detector. Less than two hours earlier someone had listed an E-trac with a Garrett pinpointer both slightly used for 500.00. I called him up and made arrangements to meet that night. Bought it and brought it home. Wasn't able to play with it at all until today. Just got back from a park with my 6th Walker for the year. Two silver rings and 8 wheats were all the other good finds. An old Ford key and 30-06 bullet were my other finds. Interesting noise this machine makes. I hope I can get used to it.

Not only will you get used to it, you may come to like it. I use an X705. That was new to me and I don't think I want to go without it.
Nice finds.

Well, it looks like you are used to it already! Nice work there congrats on that fine Walker!:clapping:
Mud

That was a steal price for an E-trac!! If I had seen the ad, I would have bought it!!! I have a Safari and love it! The FBS system is a great 'tool' and the biggest challenge as most people know for an FBS M.D. user/owner is getting used to all the different sounds. Once you embrace those sounds, the finds will come. Maybe you'll be spending more time out of the water and on land now?lol!!!

Goldstrike said:
That was a steal price for an E-trac!! If I had seen the ad, I would have bought it!!! I have a Safari and love it! The FBS system is a great 'tool' and the biggest challenge as most people know for an FBS M.D. user/owner is getting used to all the different sounds. Once you embrace those sounds, the finds will come. Maybe you'll be spending more time out of the water and on land now?lol!!!

Now I got a big laugh out of that line!! No, I would rather find gold, guns and bombs than silver. Funny I found two silver rings yesterday though on land.

LOL!! I know where your coming from after seeing many of your posts AND many of your gold ring finds! (and the occasional 'bomb' finds!!) Many m.d.'s don't want to get in the water including myself but if your able to, the payoffs are awesome as you have proved!:thumbup:

LOL, my buddy John told me you bought this unit. My other hunting buddy told me he saw this on Craigslist but apparently it only took minutes to find another home:) You got a great deal on this one.

Lloyd in Farmington Hills, MI

lloyd0161 said:
LOL, my buddy John told me you bought this unit. My other hunting buddy told me he saw this on Craigslist but apparently it only took minutes to find another home:) You got a great deal on this one.

Lloyd in Farmington Hills, MI

Actually the time said posted an hour and a half earlier. Just couldn't pass the critter up!! Ever come up to Port Huron, give me a shout at scubadetector.com.