Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first time out with the pro

before you ream me, I never read manuals first, I auto GB, it was at 40, when I was swinging I heard pops and other noises(growl), this was in the wet sand and in Pro mode, when I heard the high pitch I dug, found nothing, iron setting was off and I couldn't get the setting above 9, so what did I do wrong, never used this type of ground balance, I use an XLT, different set up thanks I did dig a dime and a zincpenny

Sniffy,
I hate to start new habits as much as the next guy , but in this case , I think you might want to give the manual a quick read , and then go back to the same spot .......I think it will help your chances of knowing what you did wrong , or what you did right , when you do ......Good Luck , Jim

PS ...I'm not sure if the wet sand was wet salt sand or fresh ...If it was salt , you were G.B. too high ....Jim

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem:rofl: Put it in gear and drive and drive it sniffy.. U heard pops and other noises:rofl:I'm sorry , I cant help but laugh at your post . Go back to the manual, and maybe this will help. If U never read the manual first, U should try it second. Hope it will work out for you.Ground balance at 40? Do U have a pinpointer ?

I read and watched the video's on you tube , I know what I did wrong, I'm use to ground balancing a XLT and did it the same way, I never ground balanced a machine this way, this is an iron rich site, it an old ocean harbor that no one can hunt, I'm betting this machine will give it a go

n/t