Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time post and an ID request...

A

Anonymous

Tuesday I was able to get out to a spot I've been scouting. Now, normally, I'm a coinshooter, but when I found these two goodies, I knew I might have something older on my hands.
I only had 50 minutes to search before I had to go to work. In the last ten minutes, I got a Square Tab signal the indicated about 5 - 6" down. When I opened the hole, I saw a fired cartridge. I started brushing it off, and was surprised to see that I had a rimfire cartridge. It measures 6.9mm in diameter and 28.2mm in length, with a "US" headstamp. This works out to about a .27 or .271 caliber, if there is such a thing. Of course, it could just be a 7mm rifle round. Does anyone know if 7mm rounds are rimfire? Also, with the "US" headstamp, could it be an older military round?
A few feet later, I got the smashed up bullet. I can't really tell what kind or caliber it is, as I can't tell which end is which.
The spot I found I found these at is a city park, but the area has history going back about 150 years. The baseball field I found them at is obviously bulldozed, and I'm sure the dirt has been turned over a lot, heck, it could even be fill dirt, as I'm finding lots of bits of clay everywhere, which is unusual for this area.
HH from Allen in MI