Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1270 with Big Coil on

sandydog

Finally got 14 in coil from Bulgaria and gave it a run out on stubble field.It is suprisingly sensitive to small objects and I was impressed at the number of tiny items it was finding.It would be really deep for relic hunting in all metal but UK fields are full of iron so discrim is needed.

The one I had chattered constantly on my 1266...I believe its a DD coil and
If I remember Dave J. mentioned it wouldnt work correctly on the 1200 series...could be wrong as thats been awhile back....hh. joe

Hi Joseph,the coil is a DD coil and works great on my 1270,also on my 1236x2 too,no chattering at all.It says its for all X series machines so should be fine on 1266.

(I have gotten new detectors and had the stock loop be bad right out of the box too.)
DD's have a reputation as being harder to build and a little noisier than concentrics.
A later generation often cures problems with a better design layout, impedance or resonance match.
And there can be problems with cables (shielding) and connectors too.