Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1280 X

It's probably not as good as the CZ20 in salt but it will work. In my experience, you will get a lot of falsing and chatter in the shallow water (1"-12"or so) but it will settle down and do the job in deeper water. For the money, I don't think you can beat it in fresh water. The only down side is no tone ID. But that's not an all bad thing. If it had tone ID, people might tend to believe that pulltab sound really is a pulltab, and walk away from a keeper. This machine keeps you digging them all! I can't wait for the water to warm up a little more. If I put on my wet suit now, I look like the Michelin man.:blush:

We have just purchased this model to find my lost white gold/platinum wedding rings which were lost in a lake in about a 25 foot radius of water from 3 to 6 feet deep. We have read the instruction book over and over - every single:cry: piece of metal sounds the same and this seems hopeless. Any suggestions from you experts on how to make tin and gold sound different?? thanks in advance for your help.

That is the down side to this machine.(No tone ID) You get one tone for all types of metal. The only advice I can give you is to keep looking. If the rings are there this machine will find them. You are just going to have to clean out the lake. You should get a good, solid, repeatable hit off the rings. Sometimes the iron and trash will have a "rough" or "Jagged" or "scratchy" sound. (Those are technical terms) Good luck with it!

I don't know what discrimination setting your running it on - but if it is at zero - you will pick up everything. Try running it at 3 - at least that will eliminate some of the iron junk. But you will still pick up pulltabs - there is no avoiding this.

jimmie,
You can't expect to buy a detector,jump in the water, and find something (even if you Know where it is although that'll make it easier). Try turning up the Disc. to about 5 or 6 & the sensitivity back to 8 or so.search the area where you lost the ring (if you can test the setting on a similar ring that should help). Try to be methodical in your searching by marking where you start and stay in an area. If the ring was just lost it should be close to the surface (if the area doesn't get stomped) and give you a good repeatable signal. swing as slow as you can and try to keep you search sessions short or your going to get a headache,frustrated and want to wrap the poor detector around the closest fixed object. If you don't find it at that setting start to turn down the disc. gradually. There are many variables that can affect your search if the ring happened to land on or in close proximity to a nail or other large piece of metal your going to have a tougher time finding it,if the ring is broken at the solder joint you may not get a signal until you are running at zero disc. but unless a bass ate it on the way down it IS down there. I only have a 1280X & I dig every signal (millions of pennies & nails) but I have found some cool stuff also. It will find your ring I found my buddies wives diamond stud earring under a swing set at a park so anything is possible. If you need more help let me know I'll do what I can.
Good Luck,
Troy