Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ-20

A

Anonymous

I have been researching detectors for a good land-beach detector, and the CZ-20 seems a likely choice.
Would like to hear any pro-cons.Thanks

If you go into the water A CZ20 should be your choice. Might look into a CZ7A-CZ70 pro or an older CZ6A which are weather resistant...Drawbacks on land for a CZ20 its heavy( they do make a hipmount) has no meter which I personally like on land. You will find the above mentioned CZ's much easier to handle on land and they are also hipmountable. One more thing CZ20 is locked in the salt mode so you lose a tad of sensitivity..Of course if you actually sibmerge the unit a CZ20 is your pick...

You can't change coils on the CZ20 (unless you send it to the factory) and it has no external speaker so you have to use headphones. If you plan on using it in shallow water occasionally and most of your hunting is on land or beach then the CZ70 is a better choice.

Hello dan. If the CZ-20 is locked on salt water mode how will it effect its use in fresh or brackish water? I have a CZ-20 and use a Minelab explorer on land!
Regards
Stepalone