Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F5

I believe its in book form....?

Google TreasureLinx for the bible, F5 Tips and Tricks...a safe file there you can download in the Fisher section at the bottom of the page.
Plus Sven is the curator of a ton of info on many vintage detectors and brands, current and long gone.
Also mod info for several units, many manuals and a ton of useful links to many interesting sites.
Cool place to visit and explore, a great resource.
Been running for years, donations to keep it around always welcomed.

Last edited:
I’m down in Baldwin county along the bay. I came from Iowa. To my surprise the sand soil here is super mild and across the bay in Mobile is like a black dirt sand mix. My FT machines never show any bars and GB in the upper 50s in Mobile and up to the upper 70s over here. I had the Omega out today for an old yard. Not much found but some wheats and a harmonica reed. Of all my machines the omega had been used the least since I don’t really hunt yards and parks much. It is a coin freaking magnet though. I bet the F5 is as well. Using the FT 10x5DD EMI was running the show on the omega. Nothing over 50-60 sensitivity was useable. I went right back through with the g2 cranked all the way up-no emi. Got the rest of the wheats out with it. 🙂

I know a guy that lived and hunted down in Mobile for many years.
He owns a huge collection of civil war stuff, says hunting down there was remarkably great.

My hunting partner is like that. Full of tales from yesteryear when they would fill trunks and beds with artillery. Neighborhood kids would find minie balls in their yards. It’s definitely harder to find the goods now. We are happy to get anything period when we dig