Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher f75 ltd

RV in ohio

Would like to hear from folks using the f75 , could use helpful tips!! I'm in the sw part of Ohio, thanks
RV in ohio

I have a F 75 LTD DST and have been using one since they first came out, about 2006, as I recall. On my 3rd one, in fact.

Contrary to what some think and say, they actually are fairly easy to set up and run. For 95% of my hunting, I run in the de mode and a fair amount of time in boost mode. Boost comes in quite handy when hunting over tall grass and for woods hunting when one can't always have the coil close to or on the ground. On parks and the like, I mainly hunt for old coins, I hunt in de, 0 disc., 3 or 4h tones and sensitivity as high as allowable. Typically around 90. For spots where targets might be quite deep, I go to b p (boost) mode. To my old ears, targets in de come across as a little crisper. Don't be afraid, however, to lower sen. It still has plenty of depth even as low as 60 and less.

It saves ones settings until changed, so simply turn it on, get a good ground balance and go at it. Just starting out with it, though, I would suggest hunting for several hours in the default settings. Enjoy, it is still one of the top coin and relic detectors out there. HH jim tn

I concur with Jim. I have the 75 Special Edition with DST. I run mainly in DE and Sens 70-80 here in N Idaho. I’ve found if I set Disc to 10 the lower junk iron stays quiet but the upper iron, which could be gold, will start grunting in. I run 3H for tones just because my hearing seems to prefer those tones. I have only played somewhat with All Metal Motion as I dont normally cashe hunt. Once I figured out the Freq changes the EMI, if encountered can be programmed out.
Regarding Boost, I have access to a huge park like lawn which has been hunted pretty hard over the last 40+ years. I am recovering coins in the 8” range that detectors back then weren’t getting rather easily now as long as they aren’t in the iron swamp. Unfortunately 99% of the quarter size coins have been dug but I believe there are still pre Washington’s still there but maybe outta reach to most of us.
Buy the best headphones you can get, huge difference in what you hear.

Before I sent my original F75-LTD in for the DST update, it had places where EMI would talk to it and I'd have to run sensitivity down in the 20's to quiet it. It was still pretty deep at that sensitivity setting. DST quieted it down a good bit. It is a deep machine. It likes a fast coil sweep unless running BP or CL modes. I run mostly BP mode. Versatile detector. I spent a couple summers working salt water beaches with it. I ground balances to the wet salt and is very usable on the wet salt beaches; although not one of my go to detectors for that environment. Great relic detector, coin shooter, tot lot (small coil lets you get right up to poles and sidewalks). I found if I forgot where exactly I had things set, I could do a reset and quickly re-do settings.

The previous comments by Jim Tn and Ronstar are spot on.