Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher, we need you now.

IowaRelic

With some recent new products and news in the detecting world, I feel like I’m in that pop song from a couple years ago. You know, the guys is like crying “ say something, I’m giving up on you”.
THATS ME TO YOU, FT. You have to give us something that says your still alive under there. That some new fire is gonna lite up through the coals. No more rebadging ( even though I like it)!!! Just at least announce SOMETHING. You could even just say “yeah it’s coming, 2 years” anything really, to shut me up.

With some recent new products and news in the detecting world, I feel like I’m in that pop song from a couple years ago. You know, the guys is like crying “ say something, I’m giving up on you”.
THATS ME TO YOU, FT. You have to give us something that says your still alive under there. That some new fire is gonna lite up through the coals. No more rebadging ( even though I like it)!!! Just at least announce SOMETHING. You could even just say “yeah it’s coming, 2 years” anything really, to shut me up.
Would be nice, but unlike Tesoro that had a naming contest for a new detector they never did came out with which made them a laughingstock, FTP never has done this and probably never will.
They play it close to the vest, always, the only announcements they ever made on new products happened when they were days or just a week or two away from releasing them into the market.
When they acquired the Manta PI technology they let on they did that but never said when the thing would be ready to roll out.
A good thing too, it took longer than they thought to work out the kinks.
In business if you make announcements prematurely a few things can happen...all bad.
People get antsy and frustrated waiting on new products with no actual understanding on the time or what it actually takes to bring new products, and especially new tech, to the market place.
Also announce something new and that could put a freeze on current sales, which happens more than you think.
This is called the Osborne effect named after an early 80's computer company that was riding high making tons of money selling their Osborne 1 computer when the owner decided to start a small campaign and start the ball rolling on promoting two new models of computers that would be better and cheaper because of improved manufacturing processes.
They were only prototypes at the time and anybody in the business and press that he talked to about the new ones had to promise nothing would be mentioned or put out in print about them until they were ready to launch.
Didn't matter, word got out and the sales in their existing product stopped completely and quickly went to 0.
There were other pressures, they had other competitors that were nipping at their heels with decent products that matched or beat that Osborne 1 and the made other stupid moves that hurt them financially but that boneheaded early announcement was the death nell...within a few years they were bankrupt and faded away.

FTP is too smart to do this to themselves, we will hear about new products and/or new tech just before they are fully tested and ready to release it and not before.