Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fixed an annoying problem with the shaft lock; Shout out to Steve's detectors rods

tvr

Over the years I've had detectors used in the water have problems with the shaft locks that are very prevalent on detectors. They work well on land detectors, but when they get into the water with the silt and salt they bind up; even when rinsed after each hunt with clear fresh water. Had this issue with my Fisher ImpulseAQ limited and Steve has the right part to fix it. Since I still have my Sand Shark and Tiger Shark, I am thinking about changing those two out also, even thought I'm not using either of them much. It is similar to the locks on aftermarket straight shafts that I have on my Excaliburs that work well in the water; silt salt and all. Very pleased to see these available.
Hear is a picture of the new shaft lock in place with the pieces of the old part on the table:

NewAQshaftClamp.jpg

Steve makes a great product stand up guy!
Matk

Reactions: tvr