Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Floating scoop handles and detectors

Tell ya what , im very thankful for my extra long wooden scoop handle its about 6 feet or more with the scoop , i couldn't count the times it sliped out of my hands only to be floating a few feet away easy to retrieve, with about a foot of it tip out of the water, the only thing i dont like is when it hits my ear phones , thats loud lol. Ive had shorter metal handles that sank to the botom and were cold to grab in cooler weather , also my longer handle has helped to push me away from a sloping drop off t try to keep my scoop between me and deeper water as most of you do as well, the only real issue is they rot and break, doesn't help if im trying to pry something i shouldn't, ive learnd to use it more careful lately, i might go through a couple a year its real good to have a backup handle on a long trip , and a more narrow and flexible handle works better for me . and i really like the at pro and golds ability to float a little at least the control box in shallower water , i remember pulling up my mx sport by its coil cord off the bottom a few times , their really are some simple but nice things about Garretts at series.

Actually i retrieved my whites off the bottom by it EARPHONE cord , lol