Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For Etrac users, would you trade your Etrac for a Deus?

rarysgaard

I've heard such rave reviews on the Deus forum that I am seriously considering selling my Etrac to buy the Deus.I primarily hunt in Minnesota and hunt specifically for jewelry, gold preferred. I am not looking for exceptionally depth 6-8" is fine for what I'm after. I have heard that the Deus is very hot on gold,& has exceptional separation & recovery speed.I am going to England in the fall to hunt on the plowed fields and have heard that the Deus has superior depth in the plowed fields. Any informed input would be greatly appreciated. I know my Etrac pretty well & if I buy a Deus, I want enough hunting time to know my machine for my England trip. Does the Deus have a steep learning curve? Thanks!

The majority of our e-trac and Explorer users have switched over to a Deus.

They all seem very happy and most are not interested in digging deep holes but are after the finds in the top few inches.

Where we detect 95% of all finds are in the top 8" anyway. :thumbup: Jerry..

For the kind of detecting you do, the Deus would work well for you. For my situation, the Deus does not get the depth that I need in some cases due to the red clay here where I live. My E-Trac cuts through it pretty well, therefore, I would not trade my E-Trac for a Deus.

Thanks for the feedback. I went out with a Deus today & tested it. I think I found a gold pendant, not marked & a alleged 14K chain. The chain is stamped Italian14K, but I think it's not real. It is a rope chain & all twisted up & appears to have some type of crust on it. The machine is extremely senstive & easy to hear & recover targets. Didn't spend a whole lot of time reading the manual so went pretty much blindly, but was still impressed with it.

If getting gold on a first "test-outing" with a detector doesn't sell it, I don't know what does. I have been thinking about the VDI that you said the gold came up as: 02 in 18Khz. I would never have dug it to begin with so great find. Keep us posted if you pull the trigger on one. Its a fine machine and from the type of hunting you do, I think it's tough to beat it. As for trading your E-Trac, that's your call. I would keep the ET and add the Deus to the stable, if that's possible for you of course. They are different machines and both are good at different things. I would have the Deus for the shallow jewelry that you mentioned you hunt a lot and I would keep the E-Trac for the deeper stuff. You can't go wrong with either machine as they are both tops. Let us know what you end up doing and congrats again on the gold on your first outing. -Marc