Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For my Cw hunt tomorrow, I have questions of 2 vs 3 tone

Okay quick question for everyone. Going back down to Kentucky tomorrow to Civil War relic hunt. Last time I used DI3 and was fairly successful. Should I try DI2 this time? My only concern is not being able to decipher what is shallow or what is deep in DI2 mode as easy or as well. Any suggestions or comments that you my friends and others can input on?

I'm still debating between mask ID 5, 10, 17, 23, etc. Especially for those little bitty bits of iron.

And if I remember correctly from my first hunt, I was successfully finding objects on the ground in the DI2 mode with about an 80 sensitivity.

But on the flipside, two weeks ago I found that large grapeshot in DI three mode successfully at around 15–16 inches, with no problem at all, running a sensitivity of around 90. GB in the grassy fields and hills are between 45 and 52, whereas the plowed fields that are now become cow pastures often read my tire on the ground balance numerology.

Thanks my findmall friends.
My buddy is bringing his racer standard package for the first time and I want him to get started on the right foot. What ever I run my core in 2 or 3, I want him to do the same 2 or 3, so we can learn together. And hopefully I can show him a few things that I know. If that makes sense.

He will also have a new deus with 9 inch coil and our my trusted XLT as back up units for a fun hunting trip/comparison scenario.

Thank you friends,
Bubba
Ps, I plan on using the stock coil for the majority of the time down there, just FYI.

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DIG IT OUT!"
Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Package
Whites TRX Pinpointer
DETECTOR PRO Jolly Rogers Headphones
White's XLT Spectrum 1st edition
Garrett ProPointer

Reply Quote Report

Put it in 3 tone, max it out as much as ya can stand, Dig all the conductive hits you get. 3 tone is so much easier to use than 2 at finding conductive good targets on both machines. Leave the iron mask at 10. When you get a conductive target located in the ground swap it to 2 tone then all metal to see what it sounds like, learning the sounds and the length of the signal, short, long, whatever.

I like two tone, three tone takes the nickle range and gives it a mid tone..I don't think one is deeper then the other...if I were a park hunter I might use three tone...Also when hunting the type of hunt you are going on you may like the overload tone...iron is something you don't want to avoid and big iron can turn out to be a real keeper..

Thank you ALL. I'm running late this morning, soooooooo off I go. (Bubba needed some rest, lol) I'm thinking I'm going to try D2 today, and try to listen to the zippy high tones shallow vs those quieter deep high beeps/tings and see what I can come up with!

Thanks again for the input! WOOHOO.

Anytime I can go relic hunting and get away from work, my 2 little girls, my fiance, etc...I say WOOHOO!

Here goes something!

Bubba