Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For Nokta Detectors.....You stated....

JinFL

Nokta,

You stated:

Hello...the gain control is done by software as well as hardware in the Racer. This makes the sensitivity adjustment of the device more effective.

Are you stating that the SOFTWARE reads what the COIL (hardware) is telling it, OR, the SOFTWARE sets what you tell it to and adjusts the HARDWARE settings?

Also, are we talking about a FIXED transmit signal and a flexible adjustment for the RECEIVE signal?

Thanks,

J in FL

JinFL said:
Nokta,

You stated:

Hello...the gain control is done by software as well as hardware in the Racer. This makes the sensitivity adjustment of the device more effective.

Are you stating that the SOFTWARE reads what the COIL (hardware) is telling it, OR, the SOFTWARE sets what you tell it to and adjusts the HARDWARE settings?

Also, are we talking about a FIXED transmit signal and a flexible adjustment for the RECEIVE signal?

Thanks,

J in FL

Hello..quoting our engineer:

''Basically, the transmit is a fixed signal and the receive signal is adjusted by hardware and pre-processed by software depending on the other adjustments of the equipment as well.
It is really a bit more complicated than a simple receive gain adjustment of which the details unfortunately cannot be shared under a public forum.''

Hope this helps...

Hi,

Yes, I was concerned about PRIVATE software settings that could give away any company secrets, but my curiosity got the best of me.

Thank you for responding !!!

J in FL

Great input Nokta! Thank you for your response!

Bubba

So for all us non-techie types, how does this clarification from Nokta help us understand how we should be adjusting our machines for real world hunting?

Berryman,
Crank up the gain as high as possible while still maintaining a smooth and stable machine in your environment. In other words, at the beach in the dry sand, run it with the gain set as high as you possibly can without getting false signals. Your welcome. :bouncy:

I suggest, with almost any detector you use, to:

1.. select the best size/type search coil for the conditions at the site you want to hunt.

2.. adjust the Discrimination level to a setting that you feel comfortable with for the conditions present. For me, as an example, I sometimes hunt as close to 'No' rejection of metal targets [size=small](All Metal Accept or basically a '10' on the ID Filter)[/size], or I might increase the rejection just to a point where I reject most iron nails [size=small](which is an ID Filter setting of '23')[/size]. Seldom, like no more than perhaps two to four times a year I might be too annoyed by iron that I run the rejection as high as '40', but that is seldom. Adjust it to suit your personal needs.

3.. make a proper Ground Balance over metal-free ground.

4.. adjust the Gain/Sensitivity control as high as you feel comfortable, but are still able to maintain stable operation without any pops, clicks and other 'noise' from using too much Gain adjustment. This means that at times we might feel we will get better performance by reducing the Gain/Sensitivity to a level we decide might work the best. For example, I usually run my Gain pretty high, unless I am hunting close to metal structures [size=small](such as a playground)[/size] or a chain link fence, or some locations so densely littered that I believe I get better all-around performance that is quieter [size=small](to deal with EMI and other electrical noise)[/size] with a reduced Gain/Sensitivity setting.

In a shorter answer, read the last two paragraphs on Page 16 regarding Gain in the Discriminate modes.

Monte

Basically, the transmit is a fixed signal and the receive signal is adjusted by hardware and pre-processed by software depending on the other adjustments of the equipment as well.

So what adjustments will it take to make this machine sing...gain? or tones? or gb or disc? there is nothing else left

I would think they can give us examples with out giving away the ship

When will the Gold Racer be out, any previews on it, will it be the same as the Fors Gold or totally different?
Thanks.

-Tom

tvanwho said:
When will the Gold Racer be out, any previews on it, will it be the same as the Fors Gold or totally different?
Thanks.

-Tom

Hello... The Gold Racer is in our testing stage. Once we finalize our tests, samples will be sent to a few testers in the USA, Australia and Africa.
It will be released in the same form and shape of the Racer but in a different color and the stock coil will be the 10X5'' coil.
That is all I can share at this moment.