Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For those who find single cup headphones uncomfortable but like to still hear around them

Bill G

This is a mod I did to a pair of headphones that I find comfortable and to be a decent quality set of headphones. This mod makes them function like Killer Bee Stingers or Detector Pro Rattlers. You can hear out of one side of the headphones clearly but still utilize the second cup for fit and comfort. Also quite a bit of ear protection is maintained.

I took my extra set of White‘s sport headphones that I got with my White’s MX7 that have great sound build quality and fit. I removed the speaker control knob and backing plate on the non cord side along with the wiring to the cord side. I then took a hole saw bit and cut a hole through the cup to hear through. I cleaned up the edges of the hole and the backing plate where the speaker was silicone glued in place and removed the drilled hole plate the speaker was attached to. The last step being the hardest or most tedious to do.

This set up works as good or even better than the Killer Bee Stinger and Detector Pro Rattlers I have used. All without the smaller pressure points these headphones have against your head with the second cup removed.

I really like this mod and the outcome for a single cup headphone need such as nugget hunting or areas where you want to hear what’s happening around you.

Happy Hunting Everyone.
Bill G

Attachments

• E6B50523-1ACA-4578-96F1-264CFA8791CB.jpeg
    E6B50523-1ACA-4578-96F1-264CFA8791CB.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 196FFD8E-6790-448A-AF0F-5A1DFB03D31C.jpeg
    196FFD8E-6790-448A-AF0F-5A1DFB03D31C.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 10EB4DA9-24AF-4052-AE7A-6D5D37B71462.jpeg
    10EB4DA9-24AF-4052-AE7A-6D5D37B71462.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 79575C03-E7CB-4577-B859-202EDE1AD32E.jpeg
    79575C03-E7CB-4577-B859-202EDE1AD32E.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 104
Nice work…. Great idea you had.

Thank you,

As said this set up or mod works fantastic. I use this set up with my Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and my Fisher Gold Bug 2 along with my Garrett Z Link wireless set up with very positive results.

All The Best,
Bill G

Funny, I was bitchin to myself about having to take the headphones off to hear the pinpointer yesterday. Will have to find a pair of headphones to try this on. Thanx for the idea.