Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors CoRe Air test

samadhi82

Hello every Nokta hunters!

I have air-tested my CoRe in DI2 and DI3 today. The test was done inside my apartement on the livingroom-table, and I presume it was some inference with some elektronic noise here. It will be granted that it had some influence on the results. Unfortunately I'm from Norway,and I only got Nowegian , Swedish and Danish coins at home, exept one american Dime. A musketball and a silver-ring was alsom tested. I did note down the result when I yet could hear a respectable tone. The results are as following:

DI2, Sens 50, Id-mask 10:

10 Norwegian Ore: 26cm/ 10Inch
10 Swedish Ore: 27cm/10,5Inch
2 No Ore: 29cm/11,5"/11,5Inch
5 No Ore: 35cm/ 14Inch
1 Danish Skilling 1771: 35cm/ 14Inch

1 Dime: 28cm/11Inch

Musketball: 28cm/11Inch

Big silver ring: 32,5cm/ 13Inch

DI3, Sens 50,Id-mask 10:

10No Ore: 20cm/ 8Inch
10 Swe Ore: 21cm/8,2Inch
2 No Ore: 25cm/10Inch
5 No Ore: 29,5cm/11,5Inch
1 Danish Skilling 1771: 29,5cm/11,5Inch

1 Dime: 23cm/ 9Inch

Musketball: 23,5cm/ 9,2 Inch

Silver ring: 27cm/10,5Inch

Regards from Norway

Happy hunting!

Welcome samad. Happy hunting!

The core has respectable depth!

I'm afraid to use the big coil of death that came with the pro pack for fear of causing an international incident with China!

Hello Samadhi
I am also Norweigen heritage, but born and raised in California USA. I have been detecting with the nokta Fors Gold since last summer. It is a great gold finder. I never ran a fors core, but it is pretty similar to fors gold. I use my fors gold in boost mode, sens 80-85. And id mask at 4-5 and it has found alot of gold for me.
Not sure which search mode on fors core would be best for gold nugget detecting, but I hear you can find gold in norway up north in norweigan lapland near finnish border. You might get the fors core up that way and find some gold nuggets. maybe you can look for areas up there that previous miners have mined and find some old gold digging areas. Thats a good place to start. They always left some gold behind.
Good luck
Have fun with your fors core.

Hey Californiagold!

Where in Norway are your relatives from? Yes, In the most northern county called "Finnmark" it is a lot of gold. And also in the Finish part of Lappland It is gold. I know that some avid Finish people are making "bread on the table" out of gold-mining. I live in the middle part of Norway, in a county called Trondelag. Here did all the most powerfull vikings in the latest part of the viking-era live. They were called "Lade-jarlene". It have been found a lot of treasures from that time of history in Norway,but I really hope it is some Viking-gold in the soil for my Fors CoRe yet, hehe. I have read in a book about hidden treasures that because of the vikings, it is a lot of unfound treasures in Norway, but I thing the Vikings were clever when hiding their wealth...I have not found one Viking Item in 5 years with searching, hehe.

Happy hunting!

Hey samadhi
I cant remember which area my family is from in norway. My dads family came from norway in 1720 to boston , usa. And my moms family came to america in 1750's. I will have to check my book I have for my family history.
Viking gold and treasure sounds like a great find.
Has anyone ever found old viking treasure with a detector?
I'm sure fors core will be a great detector for searching there.
If you find some , maybe you can show some pics.
Good luck