Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors Core and nickles

Dan(NM)

What vdi reading are you getting on in ground nickles ? I think I saw 50 somewhere but I don't remember if that
was on the Core or Deus. Thanks for any info. Loving my Fors Gold !!

[size=small](what we call our 5¢ coin for foreign readers)[/size], and there can be slight variances depending upon the search coils used, ground mineral make-up, etc. For a bulk of my urban Coin Hunting I have been using the small 'OOR' coil, on both the FORS and Racer, in trashier places, but the FORS CoRe has done great service in more open park areas using the standard 7X11 DD coil. As a rule, a US 'nickel' coin will give me a pretty tight 'lock' with a Target ID number of '54' to '57'. This is on coins that are roughly surface level and on down to the 4" to 5" range.

Naturally, if a coin, any coin, is deeper or positioned at an odd angle or close to some masking metal object, the TID's can be jumpier or otherwise less consistent. Most of the time, however, I get pretty decent visual and audio responses and have recovered a good percentage of 5¢ coins in any environment I have chosen to work.

Monte