Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors Core interest me but have concerns

Welcome Nokta, I have been liking what I have been reading about the fors core. I have 2 concerns. One is can the control box come off to be attached to ones belt? The other are the rocker switches on the control box. Myself along with others wear gloves that constantly have grit, dirt and sand particles on them. I cant help but think that some of that ground dirt will get into those switches when you need to make changes to the settings and eventually making them jam up. Has there been problems with grit migration or is there some form of environmental membrane covering the switches? Thanks for any help, Steve

glasartisan said:
Welcome Nokta, I have been liking what I have been reading about the fors core. I have 2 concerns. One is can the control box come off to be attached to ones belt? The other are the rocker switches on the control box. Myself along with others wear gloves that constantly have grit, dirt and sand particles on them. I cant help but think that some of that ground dirt will get into those switches when you need to make changes to the settings and eventually making them jam up. Has there been problems with grit migration or is there some form of environmental membrane covering the switches? Thanks for any help, Steve

Hello Steve and thank you for your interest and your feedback. Control box cannot be attached to the belt but if your concern is the weight, all who have used the detector say it is very ergonomic and feels light. In fact, control box being attached to the upper shaft makes it very balanced. Now regarding the switches - we do have an environmental cover for the box. We are also discussing internally to change the switches to membrane buttons.

Excellent Nokta, thanks for the reply and I do like that you are looking into those protective switches. When manufactures listen to the end user that is a big plus in my book. Thanks, Steve

membrane buttons also scare me for one day I may push the button and the button will not work, I think I like toggle better and they can be changed out easier, jmo