Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors core or racer

GroundScanner

I am looking to get a new detector. I am not sure which one. I don't want to buy one and the other is better. I know not to many folks have used any of the two. I am thinking the ForsCore then the racer is saying what about me. Grrrr. What to do. GS

I'm not sure there's been a head to head comparison of these two detectors yet. Not very many comparisons been done on the racer period.

I went for the CoRE AFTER READING AND WATCHING A LOT OF VIDEOS

It seemed the better choice for me. As a coin hunter.

The Racer is built from the design of the CoRe. One of the biggest and most obvious differences is the ergonomics of the display so that would be your choice of styles. Then search this forum for posts from Monte and Keith Southern and Steve H and more, as well as youtube. Lots of detailed written analysis and some actual head to head stuff. Set aside a couple of hours.

With the Racer, you have the option of getting the 5.5 x 10" enclosed design DD coil which is not available with the CoRe machine.

http://www.makrodetector.com/searchcoils-accessories-racer-metal-detector.html

Low-Boy/LCPM said:

I've been tempted to do just that. I have a Racer Pro on pre-order. I wondered if I could find a little used CoRe Pro so I could test out that configuration.

Thanks guys , I wish I could get both but just is not feasible. I still have snow on the ground and ground is frozen. So I still will be thinking which one. I may be selling a couple of my other units and just may get them both. :biggrin: GS

I would say pick the one that you enjoy the look and ergos of and get out there schooling the other detectorists. I went with the CoRe, and I have no complaints or regrets.

The CoRe seems proven. Awesome build quality and performance, no complaints from anyone. The CoRe is a slightly better deal, with the Pro Pack you get 3 coils compared to the Racer's 2 at the same price. From what I've read they are so close in performance you probably don't need both. I did get a few minutes with a FORS Gold and it was awesome, but performance aside it was so balanced and easy to swing. I wonder with the Racer's S shaft if it will be as balanced. My ATP with the S shaft swings much heavier. Maybe someone who has swung both could chime in here.

From all reports coming from a few very credible people on this forum the Racer is a very good detector. When they finally get here some quirk may come out but I kinda doubt it, time will tell.