Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors CoRe v.s. Makro Racer MSRP

shoover

The Racer looks like they too the guts out of the Fores and placed it in a sleek new design that everybody is accustomed to. If the Racer is going to perform like the Fors why is there going to be around a $300. difference between the two pro packages. Makro will hit the ball out of the park and Nokta will be chasing it down the street. Any thoughts ?

I don't know what they are doing but what I have read makro and nokta have joined and are the same company, sort of like gmc and chevy pickups so I am not sure why they have the same machines competing with each other unless some people like sticking with a certain brand? maybe the nokata guy can shed some light on this. dfly

Same company, same pockets. Buy either they will be happy.

They are not the same detectors though very similar. FORS are 15 kHz, Racer will be 14 kHz. Gold Racer will be ?. FORS and Racers will not share coils.

There is the obvious completely different design and look. Some will prefer one, some the other.

FORS has a memory save function for settings. Racer does not. There may be other small differences we do not yet know about.

I don't think you get the big coil with Racer package vs CoRe Pro package. So there's a portion of the price difference. Also the coils for the Racer are a bit smaller, not much, but still smaller.

I'm hoping the Racer will be a good all around detector, I am debating a pre-order as long as it is a decent gold detector, I gold hunt / beach hunt,city parks once in awhile so I am looking for a decent all around machine at 14khz it should do quite well.. I hope!

I guess we will all find out the difference as soon as Keith Southerland gets his hands on a racer. He said he is going to comare the two in side by side tests. I cant wait.

did you mean you hunt gold nuggets or hunt gold jewelry? Just curious because you can take different methods of search to achieve good results.

I know I am going to be evaluating a Makro Racer for it's ability to handle both types of hunting environments, and it will have a real challenge in trying to compare with the Nokta FORS Coin & Relic, both using very close search coil sizes, and all a DD design. There's only a 1 kHz difference in advertised operating frequency, but there is a lot more involved in detection than just that.

What do you use now as an "all around" detector?

Monte

Gold nuggets is what I was referring to. I use a X Terra 705 and the Garrett AT Pro but want something new:) I hope the Makro Racer can handle Arizona Dirt as well.

I know that my White's MXT All-Pro has out-performed the Minelab X-Terra 705 and Garrett AT Pro in nugget hunting locations in Arizona, Nevada and Oregon. I'm keeping the MXT All-Pro in my arsenal as kind of my #2 all-purpose detector for now to the #1 all-purpose Nokta FORS CoRe. On my little gold pickers and a friend's little nugget, the Nokta was a bit more of a match to the MXT All-Pro, and I am really hoping the Makro Racer will come through as a close rival to the Nokta Coin & Relic model. I plan to own both of them, but the Racer will keep the smaller coil on full-time more than likely, with the stock coil as 'back-up.'.

Monte

The only major manufacture that I have not really explored is Whites, not sure why but the MXT All Pro is on my short list for sure after watching numerous videos on it's performance.For now I am waiting for the Racer!!

they seem shy to reveal any info on the dongle and headphones for some reason