Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ForsCoRe new-old version?

knack4iron

I noticed the newer has the red tactile switches and opposed to the rocker style. Any difference in software,performance or is it just the switches? I got the old rocker style coming as I feel I got a good deal on a lightly used one and was just wondering.

OK ,Cool. I figured thats it but was curious. Sounds like a good machine. Can't wait to run it through the woods.

one of the more comfortable detectors to use with what I consider to be a larger-size 'standard' coil. The 7X11 DD has not been one of my favorite sizes to use from other manufacturers, with many detectors with their 7X11 DD mounted feeling awkward, nose heavy, or they just didn't perform well.

The FORS CoRe is one of the nicest detectors I have ever hunted with using a 7X11 DD.

knack4iron said:
[size=medium]OK ,Cool. I figured thats it but was curious. Sounds like a good machine. Can't wait to run it through the woods.[/size]
As Gregg mentioned, there's no performance difference, and I've heard from some who had the earlier version and preferred the rocker switches to the tactile switches.

Put in the time to get to know the Nokta FORS and how it works. Master the search mode selection and settings for the sites you like to hunt, and once you're comfortable and finding stuff, pop back on the forum and tell us your story.

Monte

Will do. Looking forward to some relic hunting when the weather cools down around Vicksburg. I know areas we've hit with all kinds of machines and still pull goodies. Really impressed watching the videos on the ForsCore. I moved out the ATpro to get one. Although I was impressed with the ATP and it definately hit the musket balls at10-11inches in that dirt. The G2 I had was a button magnet,never dug less than 5-6 each time I went. SO I'm hoping the Nokta can do great in the iron there. Really curious to how it does on buttons in iron. Looks hot for lead too like the old Nautilus's. I seen they make a 15x13 coil too so wondering how it'd do on deep shells in General Search A/M. Gonna be fun.

It hits buttons and lead like a mack truck, no worry there for you. In iron and nails you've never ran anything like it I'll guarantee you that. You being a dig it all conductive guy sounds like you'll see you've walked over a lot of stuff the other machines didn't see. Keep us posted..............