Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a wheatie with my Coin Strike this morning

Now you know it still works. How are you liking that detector?
Is it noisy in iron areas like the 1266s ?
KEN

ken ward said:
KEN

No it's not noisy at all. I have iron at 99. Runs really quite. I have the threshold just to where I faintly hear it.
I've had the detector for many years but just never used it till now. I never knew how to really set it up properly.

ken ward said:
KEN

One thing about the Coin Strike is the very short blip of a sound on a good hit I have to get used to.
I'm so used to my Minelab explorer sounds that it is just difficult for me to really know I got a good hit because the tone given is such a short blip.
I wish there was a way on the Coin Strike to lengthen the tone a little.
I really love the pin pointing. It gives a numerical readout when I am directly over the coin.

Tony nice finds, if you listen to a double beep its more than likely trash. Crown caps in the ground will give a good signal to. For the machine being steady in iron it works for me. I have an Whites IDX pro that just would not handle iron in one area well hunted park i had a go with the C$ and scored a beautiful Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

michael NY said:
Tony nice finds, if you listen to a double beep its more than likely trash. Crown caps in the ground will give a good signal to. For the machine being steady in iron it works for me. I have an Whites IDX pro that just would not handle iron in one area well hunted park i had a go with the C$ and scored a beautiful Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

Fortunately, most of the stuff in here is iron nails. I did dig a couple crown caps. Interesting how quiet it is with the C$ in these nails with your settings you gave me.
On my Minelab Explorer it's a constant drumming of low tones. But I like hunting in All Metal with the Explorer. I wonder if I should set the CS up with no Threshold sound? Do you know?

michael NY said:

I've found some Walers before but not with the C$. I hope to some day though!