Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found at Ft. Desoto any clue?

A

Anonymous

I had someone suggest this was a bridle rosette. Does anyone know what this is? I found it at Ft. Desoto in florida.

It has a pearl colored tiny ball in teh middle of the horseshoe. On the back there is a vertical line like there used to be something there to attach it to something but it's flat.

Without a story, your find is a neat whatzit.
As the guys mentioned the size and shape is right for a cufflink.
Now the symbol. The cresent shape looks almost like a horseshoe, but it's not. A horse collar? Nah... The shape behind almost looks like there are pieces missing... a prop from an airplane? (is it possible to post a larger scan?)
The closest I have seen to the horseshoe shape is the Masonic symbol as in the following pic, also from Florida. Description from the link below to the World Exonumia site, Auction #10
>>> 1948. FL Miami: Provost Guard POLICE-STYLE Badge, 1928. Choice BZ badge, with enameled legend over Egyptian motif, wings, sword, etc. 54th Imperial Council Session. Robbins Co. back-stamp. Nice police style badge for Masonic Guard. $50-$75<<<
Hope this is a step in the right direction.

How do I get a bigger picture? I scanned it before and that is what I got.

...there should be image controls on your scanner to do this.