Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found in Kentucky yesterday

I just posted this in Kentucky while relic hunting yesterday, soooooooo I just posted this in the rock forum as well. I've never seen such a beautiful blue color

ANYWAY, had a decent hunting trip running the CoRe in Di3 mode, disk at 10-15, GB was around 45-51, auto track off, stock coil, then tried larger coil for a bit, and sensitivity at 95. Here are the goodies found, which is a decent sized shell frag, and at least 1 pistol ball. Maybe the others are buck n ball shot? Not sure. But had fun for about 5 hours...

and the trickies found here

I'm not sure what the little iron piece is, next to the shell frag, and I'm not sure what the larger copper/brass thing is at the bottom of the trickies picture. And the split in half old jeep car was kinda neat. The zipper was brass, as is the little ringlet.

The blue one looks like glass slag, nice finds and hey I will take brass and copper "trickies" any day. lol scrap pays for beer at the end of the year.

bubbadirect said:
ANYWAY, had a decent hunting trip running the CoRe in Di3 mode, disk at 10-15, GB was around 45-51, auto track off, stock coil, then tried larger coil for a bit, and sensitivity at 95. Here are the goodies found, which is a decent sized shell frag, and at least 1 pistol ball. Maybe the others are buck n ball shot? Not sure. But had fun for about 5 hours.
As I have been thanking others tonight I can't help but also give you the nod for including information about the settings you used.

The only problem wasn't seeing the interesting finds or reading you comments, it was being envious of anyone who can boast about a '45' to '51' Ground Phase setting. :wiggle:

I'd gladly trade you a full day afield in that ground for a day in the '81' to '86' dirt I have been hunting, which is pretty close to most of the day-to-day places I search, with a few 'better sites' only having a Ground Phase in the '75' to '80' range. :sadwalk:

Have continued fun and better weather seems to be on hand and/or soon to hang around for most of us.

Monte

I also love how well the CoRe does in finding SMALL targets, like those itty bitty pistol balls down 6-8 inches at times!

Bubba

Thanks squirrel! I'm going to try to get back down there this weekend. The fiance keeps asking why I want to drive 3 hours one way to find this stuff. I told her, darling, I need to try to go alot now. Why? Well, because I'm learning the detector, and I need to get as much hunting in before it gets TOO hot and muggy, and the weeds/grasses get too high, and the fields are planted!

Ps. And since we're getting married May 23rd, you never know how she'll change after I say " I DO "

Lol

Bubba