Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found My First Class Ring And Made My First Return

Yes very rewarding! I too searched a property of a man that lost his ring after a rain storm & dipping water out of his basement window wells & tossing it; so heavy gold ring was tossed as it slid off his cold wet hand! --long story how I overheard conversation in grocery store & asked the lady if I could help & did--she was so happy that she stuffed $25.00 in my hand & I went on my way & had to stop & tell my neighbor! I didn't even know how much until later! But being divorced & not working it was a blessing from God to me as much as the valuable husband's ring with large diamond was to her! Always love to hear & see these detecting finds returned stories! Ma
That's a great story and very nice for you to do! Very rewarding

That's a great story! I bet he was surprised to see it.
Yep he was I just talked to him today he was asking me about Lori he knows all about her type of cancer if we have any questions hes available and he wants to go detecting with me now that he's retired..

Wow I go hunting for a couple days and all the fun stuff blows up on the Forum!! It just makes feel good when you can return something to somebody, 99% of the jewelry I find has no identifying marks on it. Kinda get that with silver rings but the two gold pieces I would think they would have at least made a police report.

Thank you for sharing your success story. Sooper Dave, you are a fine example of an individual I would enjoy meeting up with and shaking your hand. To return something special to the owner and watching the emotional reaction in their face (to me) is something money will never be able to purchase. One can definitely tell of a man's character by the deeds he performs (no gender implied)

Nice find and great story!!!
Great feeling to return a lost item to someone.. I have been lucky enough to return a few lost items myself.
Great job!!!!
I believe a few of those merc dimes you found were mine :biggrin: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow I go hunting for a couple days and all the fun stuff blows up on the Forum!! It just makes feel good when you can return something to somebody, 99% of the jewelry I find has no identifying marks on it. Kinda get that with silver rings but the two gold pieces I would think they would have at least made a police report.
Yeah it's sad to think about someone losing something as personal as a ring. Even though it's fun to find it meant a lot more to the one that lost it.

Thank you for sharing your success story. Sooper Dave, you are a fine example of an individual I would enjoy meeting up with and shaking your hand. To return something special to the owner and watching the emotional reaction in their face (to me) is something money will never be able to purchase. One can definitely tell of a man's character by the deeds he performs (no gender implied)
I appreciate the kind words. I agree that the feeling you get to help someone out is priceless.

Thanks man! Sounds like an awesome find. Was there a name in the ring?
No name unfortunately but the brand of the band is in the ring... I found it at a race track and posted on a few of the tracks message boards and town message board but no luck... I'm thinking the person might have passed away because I'm willing to bet it was in the ground at least 50 years