Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found one of my all-time favs!

[size=medium]Anyone who reads my posts knows I'm a collector and big fan of Standing Liberty quarters. Took a trip yesterday to my old home town and, during a dry spell between all the rain, hit a park on the other side of the bridge. I was grabbing quite a few wheats and a pretty cool silver marine pin, but no silver coins. As the weather started turning for the worse, I headed back to the car - the magic words!

Get a signal about 10 inches down and a solid silver tone- would've filmed it live, but it was a mess out there, so I was kind of in a hurry to dig and run. Turned out I was lucky enough to nab SLQ #18, no date, really worn, but I'm thrilled with it nonetheless. I've been fortunate that of the 18, this is only the 4th without a date- typically you'd think that ratio would be the opposite. Ended up with 8 wheats, oldest 1912. There'll be return trips for sure when it isn't soaking.

Enjoy the pics and HH all!

- Jeff -[/size]

Congrats!!

I love SLQ's, great coin to find. Very few of mine ever have a date, but, no big deal :)

Jeff,

I like all the art deco era coins, including the SLQs. I just did a lifetime tally, 9 worn flats, 14 readable, but of those some of them require a microscope and a healthy imagination to garner a date. I have a few really nice ones, including both early type I and IIs. I love the story of public outcry causing the mint to cover a bare boob.

For S&Gs just counted 18 Walker halves; so more of them than SLQs, but they were minted more years.

I'm have a spat with GF. I've never bought a coin for my collection, all found, how about the rest of the MDC- Metal Detecting Community?

Chris

I don’t buy coins either Chris. If I can’t find it, I won’t own it. That’s the whole idea behind finding them in the first place, to work hard and get good enough to be ABLE to. Lotsa guys wanna skip that step...

Nice coin to find! I have more Barbers than SLQ...I did buy a 2019 American Proof Eagle..But the clad found and cleaned up goes into my savings to offset it a bit.